220 kV OHL Jvari-Khorga and 500 kV OHL Looping-in of 500 kV Kavkasioni OHL
200 kV OHL Jvari-Khorga and 500 kV OHL Looping-in of 500 kV Kavkasioni OHL comprises of construction of 500/220 kV sub-station in Jvari, construction of 220 kV (56 km) double-circuit line which connects the substations of Khorga of 220 and the ones of Jvari of 500/220 kV and looping of existing 500 kV Kavkasioni OHL in Jvari sub-station (8 km).
- Package A – Construction of 500/220 kV sub-station in Jvari
- Package B – Construction of 220 kV OHL Jvari Sub-station – Khorga sub-station (56 km) and looping of existing 500 kV Kavkasioni OHL in Jvari sub-station (8 km)
- Package C – Procurement-supervision of consultation service;
- Package D – Procurement of special equipment and tools;
- Package E – Procurement of reactor for 500 kV substation of Zestaponi and autotransformer for Marneuli 220 kV sub-station.
The project is funded by EBRD, KfW and Neighborhood Investment Facility (NIF) of the EC. German Consulting Company FICHTNER has been employed for the Project Implementation.
The project implementation will facilitate the transfer of electricity from the hydropower plants located in north-west part of the country to the direction of west Georgia, Poti free industrial zone and Turkey, and at the same time, will increase the power supply to East Georgia.